Like many business criteria’s, making a decision on which email hosting company to select could prove tough. With many web hosting companies offering unlimited resources and maximum uptime, it becomes difficult for enterprises make a proper decision. Most reputable email server hosting programs offer service guarantees that give the hosting firm incentive to keep their servers running all time. With a lot of competition out there for hosting businesses it is important to make a wise decision before opting for one. The following article highlights the important areas in evaluating a good web host.
The key features in identifying a web host are:
1. Uptime: A reliable email solutions provider will have an uptime of over 99.5 percent.
- It is advisable to select a host that offers a refund or a discount in an event if their services below percentage.
2. Price: Pricing is the key aspect when selecting web hosting provider.
- Jumping on the cheapest offer should be avoided.
- Quality hardware and non-outsources support cost quite a bit and a hosting company offering services at cheaper price will most likely not include the two above mentioned features.
3. Bandwidth: A good email hosting services provider offers unlimited bandwidth. Hosting companies should be able to provide clients with speed validation and performance claims.
4. Technical Support: Technical support is generally provided 24/7. Just like the connectivity speed, response speed should also be equally competent.
The different kinds of technical support offered by a hosting company include email, chat and toll-free phone.
5. Database Support: Businesses should be sure about the type of database they are comfortable with. Most hosting companies offer MySQL, SQL server, and Oracle.
6. Stability: Stability is a key factor in a reliable email server hosting service provider.
- A business should ensure that the host will stick around for many years.
- Selecting a host that has done better business in the past would prove a reliable choice.
- Business should work with the hosting company directly and not through a reseller.
- Check for the track record and level of service of the host before opting one.
7. Control Panel: A good host will allow a business to manage the different aspects of its web account.
- A business will be able to add, delete and manage its email address and change passwords.
- A hosting company will ensure proper maintenance of the email accounts of clients.
8. Number of Domains and Subdomains: Organizations may require two or even three domains for various purposes. Before opting for a web host, ensure that the host accommodates more domains.
9. Add-ons: Most email solutions provider offers additional features to show them more attractive. Some of the additional features include:
- Multiple data centers
- Energy saving practices
- Free domain privacy
- Regular data backups to name a few
10. Scalability: A good hosting company should draw adequate traffic to a business site.
As businesses eye their own growth, the above mentioned factors will help in deciding a suitable web host.