The advantages of cloud servers have been proved for trades for all sizes. Every business owner can save money and time while growing their employee’s productivity by influencing cloud technologies. Cloud server hosting is faster to install, needs minimum technical knowledge and cost less than on-premise technology. These advantages allow the business owners to focus on the important things which are growing their business. But we hear social security card theft, data breaches, identity theft and social security theft every day. What are the essentials that every business owner should know to protect themselves, their employees and business when using cloud technologies? Below are the four most common myths about cloud technology that every trade owner needs to know.
Myth 1: Business proprietors already know when they are using the cloud.
Fact: The following are the instances of cloud hosting that businesses employ in everyday activities, but normally don’t distinguish as cloud-based services:
- Facebook, Gmail, Twitter, Office 365, DropBox, Google Apps, Web-based services like online banking, Amazon.com, etc.
If you are accessing any of the above services, you are already familiar with cost reduction, ease of use and better competence of the cloud.
Myth 2: Cloud services are costly.
Fact: Business owners who influence cloud servers expend on average 20 percent less on technology than their peers.
The providers of cloud services remove all the expense, hassle and management that a business owner has if they install the similar technologies in-house. Cloud providers have assembled their infrastructure up, and have lots of superfluous servers that would be costly for the trade owner to buy, install, and sustain. All of which would take business owner’s money and time while at the same time not allowing the business holder to focus on emerging their business.
Myth 3: Cloud computing decreases the productivity.
Fact: Cloud service providers:
- Permit the industry owner to influence applications, high-tech servers and support.
- Have skilled IT support personnel to run and sustain the newest software, hardware, networking and security technologies.
- Keep the business owner’s data safe and handy even when the business devices are vanished, stolen or shattered.
- Give server and processing resources that permit business to access and work rapidly with huge amounts of data from any place.
These are just a few instances of how cloud technologies simplify process and boost productivity for business owners and their workers.
Myth 4: Using personal devices in business surroundings is secure when influencing cloud services.
- 81 percent of business organizations have faced data breach due to remiss or wicked employees over the last three years.
- 52 percent have employees who aren’t succeeding to renew their antivirus/anti spam solutions.
- 35 percent reported that losing laptops and other mobile devices were the reason of their data breach happenings.
In broad, it’s safer to influence cloud hosting than to attempt to run the technologies alone, but the business owner still needs to know the risks concerned and use best practices to decrease their risk when workers bring their own devices to the place of work.
In the end, cloud server hosting is the cost effective, safe and efficient way to influence technology today for the business holders.