With IT industry growing exponentially, there has been remarkable advancement in technology. Cloud hosting is the prefect example of this advancement. With the advent of cloud computing, running a website seamlessly without facing any downtime has become possible. It is based on cloud computing technology, which provides information, shared resources, software and other devices readily on demand. Cloud hosting services are gaining popularity owing to several reasons, among which reliability and security are major factors. Cloud solutions are offered by various web hosting service providers and are more preferred by business entities as it helps in increasing their sales and revenue generation. Many service providers offer cloud server hosting in India and people opt for it as it makes it easier and convenient to run a website. Cloud server hosting has given a new dimension to web hosting in India and being easier to access, it has gained popularity.
Advantages of cloud hosting services
Cloud hosting services rendered by hosting companies that deal in cloud computing comes with several benefits that other kind of hosting services lacks. This service is beneficial for business organisations that aspire to build their online presence and remain stable in the search engine ranking. Some benefits of using cloud hosting services are:
- It helps in increasing the productivity with a limited workforce and does not require huge investment.
- It ensures flexibility as the total control of the server configuration is done through an API or web based interface.
- You can choose the operating system on which you want the hosting as per your wish.
- It facilitates expansion of online business without investing in new and licensed software.
- The control over the server is given to you and thus, you can customize the performance as per your requirements.
- As it can be accessed from anywhere and everywhere, it provides added benefit to the users.
Disadvantages of cloud solutions
Like everything else, cloud solutions offered by cloud hosting service provider comes with certain disadvantages of their own. Although, the demerits cannot over-ride the benefits it offers but it cannot be completely ignored. Some of the disadvantages are:
- The control is not in your hand as it lacks root access of the servers.
- As it is a new form of hosting solution, it is not completely proven itself to be effective as it claims.
- This can also have downtimes if there is a problem in the connection between the servers.
- Cloud hosting services are expensive as compared to shared hosting services.
After considering both pros and cons of cloud solutions offered by cloud hosting service providers, it is still beneficial for online business as the benefits of availing cloud hosting services are more. Besides this, although it is costlier as compared to shared hosting services, it more beneficial as there is very few instances of downtime of website. Thus, you can power up your website efficiently with cloud hosting services.