A reliable and stable web hosting service is highly imperative for a website as it is considered to be the base of your online business. If at any time, there is server downtime, it will ruin your online business completely. Hence, if you do not wish to face losses, and you are serious about your website then ensure that it is in the safe hands.
It is indeed a tedious and painstaking task to choose a web hosting company that is capable of catering to all your business needs. Today, with the growing competition among the website hosting service providers, these companies offer some mouth-watering plans that people usually get tempted to. However, it is important to choose a web hosting company that is reliable as well as reputed. With a stable, reputed and reliable website hosting service provider, you can reach the zenith of success with your website by building a strong and sturdy online presence.
Tips for choosing good web hosting services
1. Extensive Research: In order to keep your website in safe hands, it is important to carry out an extensive research, both online and offline. You should read the reviews about web hosting company very carefully and then compare the web hosting services with their competitors along with the price. You can ask your friends, acquaintances, relatives and colleagues about service providers and then make a decision.
2. Separate Domain and Hosting: If you want your website to run smoothly, without facing any downtime, it is advisable to take web hosting services and domain registration services from different service providers. You should first look for a reliable domain registration company and just to save a few pennies do not go for the same company for web hosting services because the company may be reliable for domain registration, but it is not necessary that it will provide a similar service in terms of web hosting.
3. Bandwidth and disk space: It is important to check the bandwidth that is being provided by the web hosting company as it regulates the traffic to your website. If the bandwidth is low and traffic to your website is high, your website might go down due to traffic congestion. Thus verifying the bandwidth is very important. Similarly, check the disk space that is being provided for storing of data and files. With a sufficient amount of disk space, you can expand your online business in future without having to pay extra for changing the plan.
4. Performance and Uptime of server: For a website to run seamlessly, the performance of the server and the uptime matters a lot. This is the most integral part of web hosting as the servers are the ones that make a website live on the Internet so that users can access it. If the performance and the uptime of the server of the web hosting company that you have chosen is poor, you will incur heavy losses in your business.
5. Back-up: Clarify with the website hosting service provider about the frequency of data ` back-up they offer. Although, it should be daily but doing it on alternate days is also fine. Back-up of data is important as there is risk of losing important data if the sever happens to malfunction.